“I have found that you are just like me. I am no longer better than or less than. I feel real love and camaraderie in the N.A. Fellowship. My great spiritual awakening has been that I am an ordinary addict. I am not unique.”
~ Narcotics Anonymous Basic Text Personal Story
When you are working a plan of recovery from drug addiction, the fellowship of other people who have been where you have been and are where you are can be an invaluable source of support and inspiration. Finding out you are not alone in your struggles can give you strength when you feel overwhelmed.
Washington State has many 12-Step fellowship programs such as Narcotics Anonymous that can give you a safe, welcoming place to go whenever temptation strikes and you feel the need for something outside of and greater than yourself.
Let’s take a look at some of the NA meetings near you in Washington State’s three largest cities:
Narcotics Anonymous Meetings in Seattle
There are NA meetings held every day in every section of Seattle, especially on the north side. Some of your choices include:
- Basic NA (6:00 pm every day) – People in recovery need structure and purpose, and having somewhere to go at a regular time every day gives them just that.
Our Redeemer’s Lutheran Church
2400 NW. 85th St.
Seattle, WA 98177
- Destination Vashon (Sun. 3:30 pm, M-F 1:15 pm, Sat. 6:30 pm) –Located on the west side, this is another location with daily meetings, something that is rare in Seattle.
Vashon Presbyterian Church
17708 Vashon Hwy SW
Vashon Island, WA 98071
(Buses 118 and 119)
- NA Soldiers (Tuesdays 10:00) – Although this group in central Seattle only meets once a week, it was formed by and for current and former service members.
Seattle VA Medical Center
1660 S. Columbian Way
Building 24, Room 40
Seattle, WA 98108
(Buses 36, 39, and 60)
Narcotics Anonymous Meetings in Spokane
On any given day in Spokane, there are at least four NA meetings that you can attend, at any of over a dozen locations. Your top choices for Spokane NA meetings include:
- Our Club (Noon daily) – Seven days a week, you can spend your lunch hour in the company of other people who understand your struggle.
303 W. 2nd Ave.
Spokane, WA 99201
- Hoot Owl (M-F Noon, 9:45 PM nightly) –With 12 meetings a week – day and night – this location makes sure that you always have someplace positive to go.
2016 E. Sprague Ave.
Spokane, WA 99202
- Regardless of…(Saturdays 6:30 PM) – Although this group only meets once a week, it is the only Spokane meeting listed as an LGBT group.
927 S. Perry
Spokane, WA 99202
Narcotics Anonymous Meetings in Tacoma
Not only do the Tacoma-area NA groups hold plenty of meetings for people struggling with the common problem of addiction, but they also plan plenty of other social/bonding events – retreats, campouts, fundraisers, and conventions.
- Noon Book Study (Noon M-F)
First United Methodist Church
61 Tacoma Ave. S
Tacoma, WA 98402
- Noon Fly (Noon M-Th)
1143 Tacoma Ave.
Tacoma, WA 98402
- Recovery Lunch Bunch (1:30 PM Mondays, Noon on Wednesdays & Fridays)
1624 E. Main Ave.
Puyallup, WA 98372
If you’re trying to hit a noon meeting, then you are in luck in the Tacoma area. Many people like to vary their lunchtime routine and stop by different meetings from time to time.
One unique local option for a Tacoma NA meeting is:
- NA at the VA (Saturdays 7:00 PM)
VA Chapel, Building 111
9600 Veterans Dr. SW
Tacoma, WA 98498
Because this is by no means an exhaustive list of Washington Narcotics Anonymous meetings, here is how you can find meetings in other parts of the state – Northwest Washington, Central Washington, or Southwest Washington.
With so many NA meetings in Washington going on, there’s no reason that you shouldn’t be able to quickly find a group to call home. More importantly, once you have found the right environment for you, you will be able to strengthen the foundation of your ongoing recovery from drug addiction.