Codeine addiction can be a difficult thing to overcome. That’s why Northpoint Washington offers a codeine addiction treatment program to help you get your life back on track. Our caring and experienced staff will work with you to create a personalized treatment plan that fits your unique needs.
We offer inpatient and outpatient treatment options so that you can choose the best care level for you. We also offer a wide range of therapies and activities to help you recover from codeine addiction, including individual and group therapy, 12-step programs, and recreation and leisure activities. Contact us today to learn more about our substance abuse treatment in Edmonds, WA.
What Is Codeine?
Codeine is an opioid medication that is used to relieve pain and coughing. It is a prescription medication, but codeine is also found in some over-the-counter (OTC) cough medicines. Codeine belongs to a class of drugs called narcotic analgesics, which act on the nervous system to produce a numbing effect.
The medication can be helpful for pain and cough but can be abused. An example of misuse is using it to make lean, a codeine-based drink often mixed with soda and candy. When codeine is misused, it can result in tolerance, dependence, and addiction. Opioid abuse is serious and can cause problems such as:
- Impaired judgment
- Slowed breathing
- Nausea and vomiting
- Loss of interest in regular activities
- Loss of job, failing school, losing important relationships
Some signs of codeine addiction include the following:
- Taking more codeine than prescribed
- Craving codeine
- Continuing to use codeine despite negative consequences, such as job loss or financial problems
- Neglecting responsibilities at home, work, or school
- Spending more time and money on codeine than ever before
If you or someone you know is struggling with codeine addiction, Northpoint Washington can help. We offer codeine addiction treatment in Edmonds, WA, designed to meet your unique needs.
How Is Codeine Abuse Treated?
There is no one-size-fits-all approach to codeine addiction treatment. The most important thing is finding a codeine rehab program that meets your needs. At Northpoint Washington, we offer inpatient and outpatient treatment options so that you can choose the level of care that is right for you.
Some programs that may benefit you if you’re struggling with a codeine addiction are:
- Individual therapy — This therapy can help you identify the root causes of your codeine addiction and develop healthy coping mechanisms.
- Group therapy — This therapy provides support and camaraderie as you recover from codeine addiction.
- 12-step programs — These peer support groups can provide accountability and structure as you recover from codeine abuse.
- Recreation and leisure activities — These activities can help you rediscover healthy hobbies and interests outside codeine use.
No matter what codeine addiction treatment option, the goal is to help you stop using codeine and live a healthy, productive life.
Health Risks of Opioid Abuse
Opioid abuse can have serious health consequences, including:
- Slowed breathing
- Heart problems
- Infections from injected codeine
- Liver damage
- Kidney damage
- Brain damage
If you or someone you know is struggling with codeine addiction, don’t wait to get help. Contact Northpoint Washington today to learn more about our codeine addiction treatment in Edmonds, WA. We can help you get your life back on track.
Codeine Addiction Treatment Program in Edmonds, WA, with Northpoint Washington
If you or a loved one is struggling with codeine addiction, we can help. At Northpoint Washington, we offer codeine addiction treatment in Edmonds, WA, designed to meet your unique needs. We offer inpatient and outpatient treatment options so that you can choose the level of care that is right for you. Contact us at 425.437.3298 to learn more.