Promise by Northpoint Washington is our mental health treatment program for those who require a flexible support course. We can deliver therapy to patients that they need to heal, recover, and stay healthy, all built around their schedule with our partial hospitalization program or PHP. This phase of outpatient mental health treatment may assist individuals and families in maintaining their health without the obligation.
PHP Mental Health Treatment
The partial hospitalization program (PHP) is a form of treatment for acute psychotic and mental health problems. It’s a level of care that gives clients a secure and organized environment to commit fully to improving their mental health and overall wellness. It’s an excellent intermediate step between inpatient and part-time outpatient therapy services, allowing patients to transition back into more independent lives gradually. Our treatment plan focuses on each patient’s unique situation and demands.
Who is PHP Best For?
This outpatient mental health treatment aims to assist people who have a primary diagnosis of mental health. It’s perfect for individuals who want more mental health care than part-time or conventional outpatient therapy can provide.
We will take clients who require help in maintaining their mental health, need group and individual therapy, psychiatric consultation and evaluation, medication management needs, community support, and education on better managing their condition.
What are the Program Requirements?
Participation in PHP requires that individuals have reached a level of physical and psychological stability that will allow them to engage in all therapeutic interventions fully.
Since this is an outpatient program, patients must not require round-the-clock support. Instead, they should live independently or have secured alternative living arrangements, such as in a sober living setting.
Whether you’re a client, family member, or referral source, feel free to contact our admissions team at any time. Our admissions team will help patients to:
- Schedule an assessment with a licensed clinician
- Gain recommendations for care and begin within 48 hours or less
- Participate in the orientation process
- Begin group sessions and meet with a counselor and psychiatrist
Program Length: Approximately 4-5 weeks
- Daily contact with medical staff (RN) and psychiatrist as needed along with medication management non-addictive forming medications
- A licensed master level clinician will facilitate all groups
- Crisis intervention as needed
- Lunch provided at the treatment facility
- A comprehensive psychiatric evaluation
- Weekly sessions with a counselor
- Two weekly appointments with a psychiatrist
- Daily group 9-12 pm and 1-4 pm
- Daily peer support
- Family sessions as requested
- Discharge planning for ongoing IOP and individual care within the community upon completion of the track
- Assistance with FMLA or STD paperwork as needed
- Case management as needed
- Active psychosis (delusions, hallucinations)
- Those who would have severe enough symptoms and would be unable to participate cordially in an assessment
- Anyone actively abusing substances and not wanting to stop
- Active suicidal or homicidal thoughts with a plan
- Anyone wishing to remain on addictive forming medications
- Anyone threatening active harm to themselves or others