Percocet addiction can have devastating consequences on the lives of those affected and their families. Thankfully, a comprehensive Percocet addiction treatment program can help you or a loved one overcome Percocet addiction and build a brighter future.
Northpoint Washington’s substance abuse treatment programs offer a wide range of evidence-based approaches to addiction recovery, such as cognitive-behavioral therapy, individual and group counseling, family education and support, and medical detox. Learn more about our Percocet addiction treatment program by calling 425.437.3298 today.
What Is Percocet and Why Is It Addictive?
Percocet is a prescription medication that combines oxycodone, a powerful opioid painkiller, with acetaminophen, a non-opioid analgesic. Doctors commonly prescribe Percocet for moderate to severe pain management. However, this medication has a high potential for abuse due to the euphoric effects produced by oxycodone.
When used as prescribed, Percocet is generally safe. However, misuse or overuse can lead to addiction, which may result in severe health consequences.
Dangers of Long-term Percocet Abuse
Long-term Percocet abuse can cause a range of physical and psychological symptoms. Some of the risks associated with Percocet addiction include:
- Liver damage caused by high doses of acetaminophen
- Respiratory depression, leading to low oxygen levels and brain damage
- Gastrointestinal issues such as constipation and nausea
- Severe mood swings, anxiety, and depression
- Increased risk of overdose, which may be fatal
- Progression to more potent opioids, such as heroin or fentanyl
Understanding these risks is crucial for those struggling with addiction and their loved ones, as it highlights the importance of seeking professional help.
Signs of Percocet Addiction
Recognizing the signs of Percocet addiction is essential for early intervention and successful recovery. Some warning signs to look out for include:
- Increased tolerance, requiring higher doses to achieve the same effect
- Experiencing withdrawal symptoms when not using the drug
- Obsessive thoughts about obtaining and using Percocet
- Neglecting responsibilities and relationships
- Changes in appearance, such as weight loss or poor hygiene
- Financial difficulties or engaging in illegal activities to obtain the drug
If you or a loved one exhibit any of these signs, it’s crucial to seek professional help from a Percocet addiction treatment program immediately.
Detoxification is the first step in treating Percocet addiction. During this process, the body eliminates the drug, and withdrawal symptoms may occur. A medically managed detox can provide a safe and comfortable environment for this challenging phase. Some common withdrawal symptoms include:
- Anxiety and irritability
- Muscle aches and joint pain
- Insomnia and restlessness
- Nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea
- Chills and sweating
A medically managed detox program provides round-the-clock supervision, medication to alleviate withdrawal symptoms, and support to ensure a safe and successful detoxification process.
Inpatient Percocet Rehab
Inpatient treatment offers an intensive, structured environment for individuals recovering from Percocet addiction. In this setting, patients receive 24-hour care and participate in evidence-based therapies and holistic methods to address the root causes of their addiction. Some common therapies used in inpatient treatment include:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) helps patients identify and change negative thought patterns that contribute to addiction
- Group therapy provides peer support and promotes healthy communication skills
- Family therapy addresses family dynamics and helps rebuild trust
- Holistic methods such as yoga, meditation, art therapy, and mindfulness practices promote overall well-being and stress reduction
Northpoint Washington’s inpatient treatment programs typically last 30 to 90 days, depending on the patient’s needs and progress. Our programs provide a strong foundation for lasting recovery and can significantly improve the chances of long-term success.
Percocet Addiction Treatment at Northpoint Washington
We understand that addiction is a complex issue that requires individualized treatment. We offer comprehensive Percocet addiction treatment programs tailored to the unique needs of each patient, from detox to aftercare planning.
Our experienced team of medical professionals and therapists provides compassionate care every step of the way, helping patients develop the necessary skills for long-term recovery. Learn more about our services by contacting us at 425.437.3298.