We have an exciting announcement. You’ve waited patiently, and it’s finally time for us to reveal our latest inpatient drug and alcohol treatment facility — Northpoint Washington. You’ve probably followed our blogs and visited our website. Now, you can finally see what our facility looks like!This new inpatient treatment facility is located in Edmonds, Washington. It offers a wide range of addiction treatment options. We can treat all types of addictions, and the experts on our staff have a lot of experience dealing with these issues.Take a look at some of the pictures to see what our facility looks like:
Important Dates to Write Down
Let’s take a look at some of the important dates that you should write down. Our grand opening is on April 26th! We’ll have a ribbon cutting ceremony from 10 AM to 12 PM, and then an open house from 12 PM to 7 PM. You can take a look at our facilities, amenities and more at this time.Our new treatment center meets all local safety requirements. You’ll also find that it offers a comfortable and welcoming environment. It’s definitely a great place to get away from the chaos in your life. You can focus on your recovery here.We won’t be admitting patients until April 29th. Our facility will be in full operation at this time.
Who Will Be There?
We’re so excited about the grand opening that we’re inviting anyone who wants to come. Although we haven’t invited any celebrities, we have invited CEOs, industry influences, government employees, and those who work in the medical industry and counseling industry. We’ve also invited the media. We can’t wait to show off what we have in store! To top it all off, we’ll also be on the King 5 (NBC Station) morning talk show once a week for 4 weeks straight. Our first appearance will be on April 23rd. Tune in then to see what we have to say about rising addiction rates and more.
More About Our Inpatient Treatment Facility
Northpoint Washington has 44 beds to offer. This means that our latest drug and alcohol treatment facility will be two times larger than our other inpatient rehab center. We have twice the capacity, so we’re hoping that we can reach out and help even more people in need. Our 44-bed inpatient treatment facility offers evidence-based treatment approaches.Our larger capacity is not the only thing that makes us stand out from other treatment facilities. Northpoint Washington is also characterized by our ability to offer exclusive and individualized addiction treatment programs. We tailor each alcohol and drug detox and rehab program to the needs of each client. Clients receive specialized evaluations from doctors, nurses, and counselors that help the addiction experts on our team create the perfect treatment plan.A series of integrated activities in the local community are also incorporated into each plan. These activities allow clients to test out the recovery skills that they’ve learned in real life scenarios and situations. These types of community assimilation activities allow clients to come face-to-face with their triggers. They also allow clients to learn how to master various recovery skills.
The Benefits of Going to an Inpatient Rehab Center
If this is your first time seeking treatment or if you are at risk of experiencing life-threatening withdrawal symptoms, many addiction experts will recommend that you start off with inpatient rehab. You can slowly transition into an outpatient treatment center after. This is because inpatient treatment facilities are able to offer some distinct advantages, like:
- Around-the-clock care and supervision. You’re never alone if you choose to go with an inpatient program. You’ll always be under the supervision of a team of medical staff. If your condition changes at any moment, you will receive medical care immediately. This is particularly important for those who will experience intense and dangerous withdrawal symptoms.
- A new environment that’s free of triggers. You will be away from most, if not all, of their triggers. You won’t be around the same people that cause you to stress, and you’ll also be away from situations and even items that may remind you of drugs. It’s difficult to obtain drugs or alcohol while at an inpatient treatment facility.
- Immediate access to therapy and addiction treatment services. Do you need to talk to a therapist? Or, do you need to distract yourself with art therapy? Regardless of what you need, you can reach out for help at any time of day, and someone will be there to help you.
- An ability to focus on your recovery. Everything that you need will already be taken care of. Our in-house chefs will cook delicious and healthy meals for you. Also, we’ve already crafted a busy day-to-day schedule for you.
Inpatient care can greatly help stabilize clients at the start of their recovery. These treatment programs help clients figure out how to jumpstart their recovery. They also teach them the discipline that they need to avoid relapses.
What You Need to Bring to Our Facility
If you’re interested in coming to our facility, you’ll need to first get in contact with our experts. Once you’ve been accepted into our program, you will then need to pack for moving day. We already have most of the utilities and items that you’ll need. As a result, you won’t have to bring much to our facility. You can pack the following items:
- Two weeks’ worth of clothing, provided that the clothing do not have any offensive logo, language or images on it
- Bathrobes, pajamas, slippers and other items needed at night
- A fancy outfit for some of our activities and events
- Prescription medications in their original bottle with their original label intact
- A list with the contact information of those you want to be involved in your recovery
- Toiletries that do not contain any alcohol
- Two pieces of government ID
- Some cash, a credit card or a debit card for unexpected purchases
- Personal items that will help you feel more comfortable at our facility, like photographs or a wedding ring
- Items that support a hobby, like books or paint supplies
- Snacks and foods that are purchased from a grocery, as we do not permit any homemade food
We ask that you leave electronics at home. If you forget any items, you can always ask a friend or family member to drop by later with what you need.
An In-Depth Look at Our Results
Northpoint Recovery commissioned Milliman to conduct an in-depth report on how effective it’s programs are. Our goal was to provide an independent evaluation of drug and alcohol addiction treatment programs. We are actually one of the first addiction treatment centers to have sought out independent research to study and assess our programs and our success rates. The Milliman Outcomes Assessment Report found that 51% of our clients come to us with alcohol addiction. 28% come to us with opioid addiction and 13% come to us with an addiction to stimulants. The report found that:
- 75% of our clients reported that they were still sober and clean after 6 months
- 90% of our clients highly recommend our clients
- 90% of our clients would say that they’re time with us was a success
- 21% of our clients felt comfortable and confident in making use of an outpatient program after completing an inpatient one
Clients who sought inpatient treatment were 80% less likely to be readmitted within 30 days. They were also 12 times more likely to continue an outpatient treatment program for at least 90 days after discharge.You can expect Northpoint Washington to offer the same results. After all, we’re part of the same umbrella and will offer the same types of treatment programs, amenities, and quality of care.
A More In-Depth Look at Our Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab Programs
We offer two different addiction treatment programs: a 28-day alcohol detox and rehab program and a 28-day drug detox and alcohol rehab program. Both programs follow similar structures.Upon arriving at our facility, you will first need to get started with the basics. This includes filling in paperwork, medical forms, and payment processes. Once you’re done with all of the administrative work, you’ll be paired with a greeter, who is another patient here at our facility. Your greeter is further along in the program and can answer any questions that you may have. He or she will also give you a tour of our facilities, help you to your rooms and get you settled in. You’ll then need to complete a full health assessment. This includes physical, psychiatric and biosocial examinations. We will then come up with a personalized treatment plan for you, and also help you come up with a solid aftercare treatment plan.
Medical Detox Services
The first part of your treatment plan will consist of medical detox services. Our addiction doctors will determine which medications can ease your withdrawal symptoms. These medications can also normalize neurochemical fluctuations in the body. Drug detox can last anywhere from 7 to 14 days depending on the addiction and the severity of the withdrawal symptoms.Each client will need a different cocktail of medications. Some medications are FDA-approved to treat specific addictions. Other medications treat specific withdrawal symptoms. Some of the medications that we have to offer include:
- Methadone, Suboxone and Vivitrol for treating opioid withdrawal symptoms
- Acamprosate and disulfiram for treating alcohol withdrawal symptoms
We also use medications like baclofen to treat seizures and tremors. Clients may also be prescribed over-the-counter medications like sleeping pills if they have insomnia.
The Types of Behavioral Therapies We Offer
Here, at Northpoint Washington, we recognize that each client will need something different in order to succeed. This is the reason why we are able to offer a whole bunch of behavioral therapies and counseling services. Some of the services that clients can enjoy include:
- Art therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Drug education
- Dual diagnosis treatment for co-occurring disorders
- Family therapy
- Group therapy
- Gym workouts with a personal trainer
- Mindfulness and meditation
- Neurofeedback therapy
- One-on-one counseling
- Strength-based therapy
Clients can receive therapy and counseling sessions after they have received medical detox services. Behavioral therapies and counseling treat psychological withdrawal symptoms. They also help prepare clients for the road ahead.
Our Other Locations
Northpoint Washington is part of a larger conglomerate. We have many other locations where you can get the addiction treatment that you need. Each location has Joint Commission Accreditation and treats both alcohol and drug addiction. Our other locations include:
- Northpoint Recovery. This is our other more established inpatient drug and alcohol rehab center in Boise, Idaho. Northpoint Recovery is one of the first rehab centers that we opened.
- Ashwood Recovery. This is an outpatient branch in Idaho with two locations. One of the treatment centers is in Boise and the other is in Nampa.
- The Northpoint Seattle. This is an outpatient treatment center in Edmonds, Washington. We are opening another location in Northgate, Seattle in July. You’re also welcomed to go to our grand opening for this location when it opens.
At this moment, we recommend that those who have completed an inpatient treatment from Edmonds, Washington to consider transitioning to our outpatient program at The Northpoint Seattle. By transitioning into an outpatient program, clients can continue to receive support on their journey to sobriety.
Introducing Key Members of Our Team
We have a lot of addiction experts on our team who are ready to cater to clients and help them succeed. We have many experienced members on our team that can help you figure out what you need. Some of our key hires include: https://www.northpointwashington.com/images/blog/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/logan-s.jpg Logan Stroud is our Vice President. He’s responsible for everything that happens under the Washington market. If you have any specific concerns, you can always ask him. He’s a friendly face that you will often see at Northpoint Washington. https://www.northpointwashington.com/images/blog/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/samir-a.jpg One of the medical experts on our team is Dr. Samir Aziz. He’s the Medical Director of Washington and will make sure that each client gets the treatment that he or she needs. Dr. Samir Aziz plays a fundamental role in creating a customized addiction treatment plan. https://www.northpointwashington.com/images/blog/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/kozi-c.jpg Meet Kozi Colberg, our Director of Nursing. She has a lot of experience under her belt treating drug and alcohol abusers, and will make sure that clients are as comfortable as possible during their stay with us.
Other Frequently Asked Questions
We know you probably have a lot of questions on your mind. We’ve done our best to list some of the most popular questions below. If you still can’t find what you’re looking for, don’t hesitate to reach out to us. We have a team of experts available 24 hours a day to answer any inquiries and concerns that you may have. We are dedicated to your recovery and to your success!
Am I an Addict?
Many people have a lot of questions surrounding their drug use or alcohol use. They’re not entirely sure whether they have an addiction, but they do know that they have a problem. 11 diagnostic criteria are used to determine whether a client is an addict or not. Clients only need to meet two of the eleven criteria to be diagnosed with a mild addiction. You can take our quiz here to see whether or not you’re an addict. This quiz should give you some insight into your situation. Keep in mind that it isn’t conclusive, so you should still consider speaking to one of our representatives. Similarly, if you suspect that a family member is an addict, you can take this quiz here for more insight. You can also contact us, and one of our experts will listen to your concerns and help you figure out what to do next.
Who Needs Inpatient Treatment?
If you’ve been looking at the different levels of care, you might wonder whether you should opt for inpatient care or outpatient treatment. While both treatment programs have their unique qualities and characteristics, inpatient treatment programs are most suited for the following individuals:
- Those who have a high chance of experiencing intense, or even deadly, withdrawal symptoms. These individuals will benefit tremendously from the around-the-clock care that the nursing staff can offer. In the event that their situation changes for the worst, these addicts will immediately get the help that they need. Addiction doctors may prescribe certain medications to help stabilize their condition.
- Those who are trying to recover for the first time. The first time is always the most difficult. These individuals have a higher risk of relapse. They’re not familiar with the recovery cycle and may need more guidance and help. Inpatient treatment will ensure that these clients stay on the right path.
- Those who need additional support and discipline. Staying sober and clean is never easy. Those who opt for inpatient care get 24-hour support from those around them. They also get to connect with other people who are in similar situations. This may help them stay motivated during some of the tougher times.
- Those who need a change of environment. A stressful environment is a huge trigger. Those who would like a change of environment that’s free of any triggers should consider living at a comfortable addiction treatment center. It’s not only peaceful and quiet here, but our state-of-the-art facility is also very comfortable.
There are many reasons why inpatient care may be a better option for you than outpatient care. With that said, studies have found outpatient programs to be just as effective as inpatient programs.
How Much Time Will I Need to Dedicate to an Inpatient Program?
Many clients wonder how their lives will look like after getting admitted. We usually fill each client’s schedule, so that he or she has plenty to do every day. You can expect to wake up early in the morning for breakfast and to get started with counseling or therapy.They will then dedicate the majority of their day to counseling, drug education classes, behavioral therapies, other forms of therapies and more. The goal is to keep your mind off substance abuse and to teach you better and healthier habits.With that said, you’ll still have a lot of free time to focus on yourself. You can spend that time reading, painting, doing yoga, going for walks or even socializing with other clients at our facility. We have so many activities to preoccupy your time with that we can guarantee that you’ll never get bored.
How Will I Pay for Rehab?
This is perhaps the million dollar question. Many people want to know how they’re going to pay for rehab. Fortunately, thanks to the Affordable Care Act, all health insurance plans must offer some type of coverage for substance abuse treatment. Addiction treatment is now one of the ten elements of essential health benefits. The amount of coverage that each individual has will vary depending on his or her insurance.You can verify your insurance with us, so you don’t need to deal with any of the red tape or the legalese of getting treatment. We’ll not only figure out what type of coverage you have but also figure out how you can get the treatment that you need with little to no out-of-pocket expenses. If you don’t have private health insurance, don’t fear. Medicare, Medicaid and a bunch of other federal and state programs may cover the cost of addiction treatment services. Our addiction experts can also help you figure out what step to take next.
We’re excited about our grand opening, and we hope you are too! Come take a look at our facility and get a better idea of the types of programs that we offer. We can help anyone who struggles with a substance use disorder (SUD) or an alcohol use disorder (AUD). We have years of experience and know just what you need to overcome an addiction.
Once again, our grand opening is on April 26th! We can’t wait to show off what we’ve been working on, so feel free to come take a look at our facility and all that we have to offer!